Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Owl City and Hanson performed their collaborative song from Owl City's just-released album, Mobile Orchestra, "Unbelievable," on the Today Show this week. And yes, it was unbelievable.
2. He used to be in that band Downhere, but now Marc Martel is blazing a path as a solo artist. He's got a new music video for "Say the Word," which features footage from Marc's recent tour of the same name. If you haven't seen what his solo gig is like, the video captures that energy.
3. JJ Heller is known for sharing her deepest thoughts with the masses in her delightful songs, and now she's giving her listeners the ability to pen their ponderings in special autographed Moleskine journals. It's the latest in JJ's unconventional merch offerings.
4. Natalie Grant has a new single coming soon from all that new music she's been working on. It's called "Be One," and we're guessing it has more to do with unity than it does acting like an infant.
5. Yesterday was a big milestone for Steven Curtis Chapman. It was 12 years ago that Maria Sue was adopted into the family. Steven says that while the family misses her dearly since she went to Heaven, they continue to be thankful to God for the time they had with her in their family.
6. Chris Greenwood, AKA Manafest, has been crowdfunding via PledgeMusic to fund his new album, Reborn, and he's hit 90 percent of his goal! Anyone still wanting to participate is promised some big perks, such as unreleased songs, tickets to a CD release concert, an online listening party and Q&A, and a behind the scenes video. Check it out on his social media pages and website.
7. Gungor has released a new music video for their song, "Light"--taking the opportunity to artfully present a beautiful, heartfelt chronicle of their journey with their baby who was born with Down Syndrome. Find it wherever you find Gungor online.
8. Beckah Shae's daughters, Grace and Joy, are hitting the spotlight in their own right as the vocalists on Shae-Shoc Records' forthcoming release, Scripture Snack Kids Volume 1: Fun Size, coming July 31. Little ones will be singing (and remembering) awesome songs taken directly from scripture before summer is even out!
1. "We all have different life stories. The one constant: God has been there for it all." - Colton Dixon
2. "It is not by chance that you're awake this morning. God woke you up because you are loved, and you have a purpose." - Danny Gokey
3. "When you worry you don't just lose today, you possibly lose tomorrow. And tomorrow isn't promised. Don't let worry rob you of today." - Rapper Tedashii
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.