Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Lots of people go to change.org to start various petitions, but one dcTalk fan has apparently had enough of the Intermission, and sees a huge opportunity for the band to get back together. David Daigneault is asking the band to reunite in Charleston, South Carolina, as a gesture of goodwill in a town ravaged by division. So far 74 people have signed the petition, but we're betting more will show. But will dcTalk?
2. It must be so hot in the East that We As Human's air conditioning couldn't handle it. The A/C compressor on their bus blew up and rendered the bus temporarily grounded. But rest assured, rock fans were still able to catch them at Creation Festival.
3. Phil Joel, the former Newsboys bassist with some of Christian music's most unforgettable hair, has a new band called Zealand. They're signed to Word Records, and we're pretty sure they named it that so when they put out a record people will say, "Did you get the new Zealand record?"
4. Marc Martel, the incredible singer who used to be in Downhere but now has solo gigs and moonlights as a Queen singer, made Queen fans freak out when he posted a photo of him with a (fake?) mustache, as many folks said he not only sounded like Freddy Mercury, but looked like the classic rock band's late frontman, too.
5. Britt is fit! Britt Nicole shared a photo of her daughter, Ella, serving as her water girl during a recent workout this week. She encouraged everyone to keep at it when it comes to staying healthy, that even if you miss a day, not to give up.
6. While summer festivals are raging in the states, Leeland is globetrotting, having shows at the end of this month in Canada, Brazil and Norway. The band also teased a new song in a recent Persicope broadcast.
7. As a response to the violence and discord that has taken place in their communities recently, Carrollton has released a new song called "Let Love Win." You can hear this rallying cry for peace and unity on their YouTube page.
8. Get out the yellow and black spandex again! Stryper has announced that they're going to follow up their wildly successful 2013 album No More Hell to Pay with a new record this October titled Fallen. But don't worry Stryper fans, the band's first single from the project, "Yahweh," will be released the week of July 6th!
1. "Jesus changed my life and I need Him every day. That's part of me, like being from the South." - Lecrae
2. "His love is stronger than any feelings I am having on the inside. When I'm feeling bad, He can do a work in me and even change my emotions." - Laura Hackett Park
3. "God can reverse anything at anytime. A situation that might not make any sense to u He can flip in an instant. Keep your eyes on Him." - Jamie Jamgochian
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.