Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. NEEDTOBREATHE will be on your TV on Thursday, July 2. That's right, the Rivers in the Wasteland band will be on Good Morning America, and will bring along Gavin DeGraw for their first network television performance of "Brother."
2. A couple of radio DJs wanted to see if they could mail a potato--that's right, a potato--to Jason Gray, and lo and behold, it worked. With no packaging, wrapping or the like. Just a potato with a short message written in permanent marker and a shipping label. And now you know. Jason was quite amused.
3. Phil Wickham is putting the finishing touches on his new studio record, one that he said is his favorite to date. He said the whole experience has been a living, breathing testimony of God showing up and giving him the words to sing.
4. The roster at Bethel Music keeps growing, as the worship label/movement has added Cory Asbury to their roster. Cory has been a worship leader within the International House of Prayer movement, and currently is associate worship pastor at New Life Church in Colorado Springs. Cory has been making music a long while, though, having put out his first CD in 2008.
5. For nearly 20 years, Peter York has been head of Capitol Christian Music Group's label group, which includes Sparrow Records, sixstepsrecords and Forefront Records among others, and it looks like Peter just got a promotion, as he's now President of Capitol Christian, getting the additional responsibilities of overseeing publishing and distribution there.
6. It wasn't a fair fight for Natalie Grant at her house earlier this week, as her daughters schooled the singer on how to win a pillow fight, her husband Bernie Herms said via Instagram. From the photo, it appeared that Natalie was buried beneath a number of pillows as her relentless daughters pummeled her. Well played, girls. Well played.
7. When a bunch of people sing together to provide choir-like sounds on a track, it's called "gang vocals," and it's a pretty common thing, obviously. What's not so common is when Love & The Outcome decided to put on some gang faces to go with their gang vocals. They thought it would be more authentic if they contorted their faces to look a little more gang-ly.
8. North Point Music's band new album, North Point InsideOut: HEAR, claimed the No. 10 position on iTunes' Top Albums chart across all genres on Tuesday, the day of its release. The project additionally debuted at No. 1 on the iTunes Christian & Gospel Top Albums chart.
1. "If your life is a complete mess, systems and books and therapy are all good stuff. But honestly... Jesus is the absolute and only answer to your healing." - Carlos Whittaker
2. "Sex wasn't meant to be currency; it was meant to be cement." - Mike Donehey of Tenth Avenue North
3. "There are no ordinary days. Every 86,400 seconds has the potential to echo in eternity. Make em count. What will you do today that will live forever?" - Matthew West
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.