Have you been wondering what's going on in Christian music? Wonder no more!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Mark Schultz is taking song requests and making dedications on his social media, and most recently, he played the song "Right Here Waiting For You" in honor of a couple fans, and his wife, whose birthday is this week. He nailed the cover, despite not having played the tune since he was 18 years old.
2. There's a new single coming from Josh Wilson, and he's so excited he's hopping on a whole bunch of planes to share it. The song, "That Was Then This is Now," releases May 4th, with his next album slated to come August 4th. He'll be in 8 cities in 6 states in the course of just three days!
3. David Crowder has been making music a long time now, and so his latest achievement was quite literally a long time coming. The bearded worshipper from Waco recently celebrated his first No. 1 song at radio, "Come As You Are." Congratulations, David!
4. On a rainy day, Ellie Holcomb gets down on her hands and knees and builds a blanket-and-furniture fort with her kids. Ever the busy performer, she says she's thankful for every spare moment she gets with her family, and from the looks of it, she tries to make the most of every second.
5. Disciple's unplugging for a moment. The rock band has a "Best Of" compilation coming soon, and it sounds like they'll include four newly recorded acoustic versions of some songs. They're asking fans to vote on which tunes should get the stripped down treatment.
6. Being out on the road is tough enough, but all the more when your kid is sick. Francesca Battistelli is asking people to pray for her son, Eli, and their nanny as they're both fighting a stomach bug--with five shows left in Franny's current tour run. Always aware of others, Francesca said she was praying the Word over her loved ones as well as all who are suffering from gastro illnesses.
7. When mapping a route on his phone, Carlos Whittaker noticed a peculiar alert yesterday: Animals Near Road. "Only in L.A.," he said. "Only in L.A." Although plenty of other locales--we're thinking moose in Alaska, alligators in Florida, cows in Texas--would beg to differ.
8. Craig Wayne Boyd won The Voice last season as part of Team Blake, but now it looks the country crooner will hit a very different stage. Craig will join Jason Crabb onstage for a duet as part of an upcoming episode of TBN's Praise the Lord. We have a feeling it's going to get pretty honky tonk up in that studio.
1. "When you're butting your head up against the wall and your dinner guests politely decline, maybe you're asking the wrong guests." - Jenny Simmons
2. "I know there are sometimes more tears or complaints than we're willing to admit but I also know this: God hasn't failed us, and He isn't about to start now." - Jamie-Grace
3. "Jesus was forsaken on the cross so that you would never have to be. When he said 'It is finished!' the divide between us and abundant grace ceased to exist. Receive the fullness of His grace today!" - Jeremiah Carlson of The Neverclaim