We've got another roundup of the latest and the greatest Christian music news coming your way!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. On Friday, fans of Britt Nicole got the three little words they've been waiting to hear for a while: "I'm in here." OK, while that might not make much sense by itself, picture Britt posting a photo of what is quite obviously a recording studio with those words. That means new music is on its way!
2. Kutless is gearing up for some new music, too, it seems. Guitarist James Mead shared some lyrics with fans. James said after all these years of songwriting, he still prefers to write the words out by hand.
3. Natalie Grant recently was part of a screening of the new Hillsong United film, Let Hope Rise, and she gives it her stamp of approval, saying the film was most definitely centered on the message of Jesus and the beautiful calling He has for each of us.
4. Blanca's forthcoming album is now available for pre-order on iTunes. That means you can get it before you can get it. Does that make sense? You can get it before supplies run out? Oh wait, it's digital. Well, regardless, preorderers get Blanca's debut EP as well as a brand-new song, "Greater Is He."
5. Jamie-Grace wrote an open letter to Taylor Swift in the wake of news that her mom was diagnosed with cancer. She shared her own story of her mom being sick earlier in her career, and tried to share with her the hope she's found in Jesus, and to just say... "I'm sorry it's hard."
6. Bart Millard of MercyMe wanted to make sure there was no guessing whose pancakes were whose a couple of days ago. Often a clearinghouse for people's food pictures, Bart snapped a pic of his special pancake, which of course had his name on it. Actually, the pancake itself was his name spelled out in edible letters.
7. Lots of people were celebrating National Sibling Day, and in that, we learned that Lindsay McCaul is a twin. She gave a shout-out to Meredith, her twin sister-friend who says reads her books and postcards, and brings fresh ice packs when she trips and falls down cement stairs.
8. In celebration of Lauren Daigle's first full-length album, How Can It Be, Lauren hosted a Cajun feast with some Cajun music at her house in Louisiana. Perhaps someday she'll release a zydeco record.
1. "Tomorrow get up and fight. Your feelings cannot drive your Monday. Stand on facts: you're a child of the King, and He's got this." - Kirk Franklin
2. "Without Him, there is no supernatural empowerment to do, or sustain the impossible." - Dara MacLean
3. "Is there nothing to sing about today? Then borrow a song from tomorrow; sing of what is yet to be." - KB