1. Matt Redman and the Passion worship crew are going to participate in another part of music industry history this week. They will be recording some tunes at Abbey Road Studios in London, one of the most famous studios in the world. It's likely to be a monumental moment for the worship artists.
2. Several tours have had a rough start with some problematic road conditions, with Audio Adrenaline and Finding Favour the most recent victims of travel woes. New Audio A frontman Adam Agee requested prayers as the groups fought to get back on the touring track.
3. Christian hard rockers in RED released a new music video this week for "Darkest Part," the lead single from new album Of Beauty and Rage. The highly conceptual music video features imagery from the album's cover and ties together both the promo videos the group has been releasing for the album and prior music videos from the past two album. It's a music video that feels more like a short film, and well worth checking out.
4. If you've noticed that Everfound's been keeping a little uncharacteristically quiet lately, it's for a good cause. The group broke social media silence to share that they have been holed up in a cabin in Franklin, Tennessee, starting work on a new album. New music from the pop prodigies is definitely a worthy reason for some online absence.
5. Anticipation continues to build for Matthew West's tour with Colton Dixon this Spring. The Live Forever tour, titled after Matthew West's upcoming record, will be launching at the end of March, and today Colton announced that he's finalized his setlist for the tour. You'll have to go see the tour to find out what songs made his list!
6. for KING & COUNTRY continues to gain momentum and show up in some surprising places. Latest on the list of places where they will be turning up is the legendary Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. Although primarily known as the Mother Church of Country Music, the venue also hosts top quality artists from other genres-- and the quality of the gents in for KING & COUNTRY is clearly of the highest degree.
7. If you were watching Entertainment Tonight's coverage of the Oscars, you might have heard a familiar song. The Afters' song "Moments Like This" was featured behind a highlights montage, and the excited band captured the moment on their TV to share with social media followers.
8. Longtime Anthem Lights fans (better known as "Lightbulbs") will remember founding member Kyle Kupecky. Although Kyle moved on from the band, he has by no means been inactive, as some breaking news this week proved: Kyle and his wife Kelsey will be releasing a book together. No word on the title yet, although we do know that the book will be releasing through Revell Books.
1. "In spite of all you've been through, it's God's grace that has brought you this far, and u can depend on His grace to finish what He started in you." - Danny Gokey
2. "We only have the ability to love others sacrificially when we're connected to the source of love, Jesus Christ." - Casting Crowns
3. "Silence isn't comfortable... We want drive-through peace and instant hope." - for KING & COUNTRY