1. Fireflight fans have been eagerly anticipating the May release of fan-funded album INNOVA. Fireflight shared yet another way they're utilizing fan support this week with a brightly colored screenshot from an upcoming music video for new single "We Are Alive." Stay tuned for the video release!
2. When he's not traveling the world with Casting Crowns, singer Mark Hall has an alternate identity as a homeschooling dad. The band had a few days off last week, which frontman Mark Hall used to contribute towards his childrens' education. The artist posted a video of his efforts to wake up his sleepy daughters at the start of the school day, complete with goofy accent.
3. The Rock and Worship Roadshow started strong in Dallas this week, with two unlikely artists matching for a day. Jamie Grace posted a picture of her style choices colliding with David Crowder, both artists decked out in camo and blue jeans. Jamie Grace jokingly asked fans to guess who was who.
4. Bread of Stone has been teasing their upcoming release Not Alone with facebook photos featuring the band members posing on countdown numbers. At five days away, the daily picture featured guitarist Bill reading the Bible, and a challenge to fans to guess what book of the Bible he's reading. The prize? A copy of the new album. They definitely get points for creativity!
5. Among the Thirsty is following up their successful single "Completely" with their debut full length album on March 17. With a music video for "Completely" releasing this week also as momentum builds, frontman Ryan Daniel says of the personal tune "I feel like God is glorified in every step of the journey."
6. A key element of being in a band is knowing when not to take life seriously, and that is a skill Abandon seems to have nailed. The band shared a video on their facebook this week of a reimagined version of a secular hit, which they renamed "Talk Nerdy to Me." The video features a lot of plaid and a flute.
7. Michael Cavallo of Manic Drive issued an unusual challenge to fans on the band's facebook. Michael called on listeners to post pictures of their coffee drinking poses, sharing a picture his own impressive stance, coffee cup in hand. Manic Drive fans rose to the challenge, sharing their own coffee inspired poses in the comments.
8. Hawk Nelson lead singer Jon Steingard has joined the ranks of artists connecting to fans through the social media app snapchat. Jon shared on twitter that he "downloaded snapchat to prove I'm still young," although he also admitted "I think that statement probably proves the opposite." You can add him with the username jonsteingard, all one word.
1. "Been thinking about the woman at the well. So beautiful how Jesus doesn't rub her face in her sin, rather he sees how's she's thirsty." - Mike Donehey, Tenth Avenue North
2. "No one can go back and make a new start. But everyone can start now and make a new ending." - Lecrae
3. "Never confuse compassion for weakness. It's just the opposite." - Sameer Bhattacharya, Flyleaf