1. Jamie Grace and her parents got a special chance to share her story in a unique way. The singer songwriter appeared on CBS's The Doctors, talking about her personal inspiring story of living with and overcoming Tourette Syndrome. She also got to highlight her website ImAFighter.org, which is her movement to help others with similar struggles and victories share their stories.
2. Ryan Stevenson has announced an upcoming April tour with "Just Say Jesus” singers 7eventh Time Down. The tour will be another chapter in a busy spring for the smooth singer, who will be spending his March on tour with TobyMac, Mandisa and Capital Kings. Be sure to catch Ryan on tour for a chance to hear his powerhouse new single "Not Forgotten” live, a song which has climbed to number 2 on the charts this week.
3. A visit from Jason Gray's mom on the Beautiful Offerings tour took a rough turn when she fell and broke her arm in four places. Despite the bad break, she insisted on staying through the show, which might qualify her for "mom of the year award.” Jason posted that although the situation was a bummer, "it was sweet to see people gather around her and take care of her.”
4. On their podcast last week, Disciple announced that they will be releasing a six song EP later this year. The collection of songs are b-sides from last year's album Attack, and the band shared that they show a different side of some of the same themes. Songs from the tentative tracklist include titles like "Sanctuary,” "Awakening” and "Remember the NIght.”
5. Shut downs due to ice in Tennessee have made travel plans a challenge for bands like Newsboys. After 24 hours of grounded flights in Nashville, drummer Duncan Phillips instagrammed from the road as they rushed to get to another airport out of town. Judging by later posts, it looks like they made it on time!
6. Michael W. Smith debuted a live performance video of "The Same Power” yesterday. The video is part of a series of live videos that Smitty has released following last year's worship album Sovereign. Other videos in the series include "Hide Myself” and "Sovereign Over Us.”
7. A few days ago Tenth Avenue North asked fans for input into what they should play on the upcoming Love Ran Red tour with Chris Tomlin, and now they've holed up in a studio with the ideas to rehearse. The band has been using their snapchat to give fans a glimpse into the process, promising "we're cooking up some surprises for you in here.”
8. If you love the lineup for WinterJam this year but can't make it to a show, on February 28 you'll have a chance to catch the show streamed online. The full show, featuring acts like Skillet, Francesca Battistelli, Jeremy Camp and for KING & COUNTRY will be streamed live from Houston. You can go to stagehop.com/winterjam to get your free webcast pass.
1. "You can use the bricks people throw at you to build walls or stairs. Choose to elevate." - Royal Tailor
2. "Sometimes you can't even state where your help comes from, and you have to verbalize that although you may not always see it— I'm going to declare that my help comes from You, God.” - Luke Smallbone, for KING & COUNTRY
3. "Don't miss the moments to be vulnerable with people that are hurting. Sometimes people just need someone to hurt with.” - Shonlock