Here's your daily roundup of the weird and wonderful things the world of CCM has to offer!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Jon Foreman of Switchfoot and Dustin Kensrue of Thrice and The Modern Post are buddies and tourmates on the To Write Love On Her Arms Heavy and Light Tour. Solidifying the friendship, Jon said, was the fact that Dustin bought him sushi and played him his favorite Tom Waits song.
2. All Sons & Daughters will welcome special guest Tim Timmons on the first three stops of their "A Night of Worship and Conversation" tour. Starkville, West Monroe and Houston, enjoy!
3. Brandon Heath's new album, No Turning Back, comes out February 10th, but Brandon wants to give fans a special pre-release preview. The problem? On Instagram he said the listening party would be June 4th through the 6th. Of course, it was a typo, and it looks like the preview will be available now through tomorrow. Find it now by going to NRT.cc/streamheath (all lowercase).
4. Natalie Grant announced the official date for her Season 2 premiere of her faith-based dating show, It Takes a Church. It'll air at 8/7Central Thursdays starting March 26th on the Game Show Network.
5. Donald Miller has just released a new book called Scary Close, and apparently, has enlisted the help of a rock and roll family. The parents of Switchfoot's Jon and Tim Foreman have lent their voices and experiences to the book's companion study.
6. Yesterday, for KING & COUNTRY rocked the Today Show set, and at the end of "Fix My Eyes," they pulled Kathy Lee and Hoda in to sing with the band.
7. Unspoken is in the studio, and according to an Instagram post this week, they're working on some new songs, and "remaking" some familiar ones. We're hoping for a bilingual rap battle.
8. Jon Micah Sumrall is gearing up for his first solo release, but that doesn't mean his band Kutless is taking it easy. The guys are in the studio writing and recording, and they teased their fans (and some critics) by asking whether they thought the new album would be rock, worship or both.
1. "Spend extra time thanking Jesus for His faithfulness, for His mercy on us, for His unconditional and sacrificial love. Just thank Him for being there every time you Need Him!" - 1 Girl Nation
2. "If we want things to be different in our immediate community, it needs to start first in our own hearts with God." - Rend Collective (via their blog)
3. "Celebrate your uniqueness instead of imitating everyone else!" - Britt Nicole