Get ready... get set... go get the latest in Christian music news!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Jimmy Needham has been teasing information about his upcoming release lately on his social media, and yesterday he announced the title of the new record: Vice and Virtue. And he illustrated it with two inverted triangles that look like V's. One of them is an outline that looks empty (we'd imagine that means "vice"), and the other one is a solid triangle (which we'd imagine is the more fulfilling "virtue"). Next Tuesday he's releasing a special 3-song EP for fans who can't wait for the full release.
2. OBB can do it all. The three brothers showed fans the difficulties they faced in the Northeast, where freezing temperatures and feet of snow proved challenging for getting their tour bus to gigs. Bet you didn't know you had to build walls of snow around the bus to protect its internal pipes from freezing!
3. Forget messages in a bottle! Hawk Nelson is all about sending messages in paper airplanes. Lead singer Jon Steingard and his wife, Jess, sent L.A. a message in a paper airplane this week from the Griffith Observatory above the city as part of a music video shoot. Hopefully we'll find out what they said soon.
4. Besides appearing on the Today Show this week, for KING & COUNTRY took the opportunity to visit YouTube studios while in New York. We're hoping that some cat videos featuring the Smallbone brothers come out of this.
5. Newsboys is getting ready to hit the road with Audio Adrenaline (no, not with Kevin Max, so don't start freaking out, dcTalk fans), and they're going to have some killer stage videos, judging by a behind the scenes clip captured of guitarist Jody Davis in front of a green screen. Some computer generated goodness is sure to accompany the boys.
6. Jesus Culture's Chris Quilala is having a bit of a culture shock while recording their first Spanish language worship album. He summed it up with three things he says are more difficult than he thought: 1) Learning his songs in Spanish, 2) Singing his songs in Spanish, and 3) Spanish.
7. It looks like Crowder has his own idea for what the next Passion record, Even So Come, might look like. He posted a Photoshopped album cover with Louie Giglio's wife, Shelley superimposed on Katy Perry's flaming dress from the Super Bowl halftime show, riding atop a shaggy dog that has a lion's body. Smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave.
8. Tenth Avenue North is recording! No, not a new album just yet… but it looks like they're filming some acoustic worship videos, and All Sons & Daughters is helping them. Stay tuned for the final products, inevitably due any day now.
1. "No one gets a say in who God says you are." - Derek Webb
"The devil can't make a good person bad but he can make a flawed person worse. He presses on your flaw till it becomes a failure." - Tedashii
"Some days you just have to hold on to the promise that all things shall be made new!" - Sanctus Real