1. It's a triple-play of Christian music birthdays today, as Carman, Misty Edwards and Meredith Andrews all were born on this day. Well, not THIS day. But you get what we mean. Happy birthday!
2. Natalie Grant was pretty excited about her Seattle Seahawks making it to the Super Bowl for the second time in a row. A friend captured video of Natalie celebrating the winner overtime touchdown, which featured screams, touchdown spirit fingers and jumping up and down. The native Washingtonian was dressed in a Number 3 Russell Wilson jersey. Fellow Evergreen State native Holly Starr was captured in a similar celebratory video.
3. Over the weekend, Tenth Avenue North appeared on Fox News to discuss their music video, "#ForThoseWhoCantSpeak," which is dedicated to spreading awareness and inspiring action to stop human trafficking. January is Human Trafficking Awareness month.
4. After 25 years in East Texas, where he raised three kids in the same neighborhood, attending the same church in the same town, Paul Baloche and his wife, Rita, will be moving cross-country. They're headed to New York City to follow a call to serve local churches throughout the city.
5. Could you imagine if your bridal party included Michael W. Smith and DJ Tanner herself, Candace Cameron Bure? Their mutual friends Jim and Anita Daneker did at their wedding this weekend, and Smitty and Candace took the opportunity to take some selfies of themselves looking fabulous.
6. Remedy Drive guitarist Dave Mohr announced this weekend on his blog that he's leaving the band. The more than 700-word blog entry reflected on Mohr's last four years as part of the band, ultimately concluding he needs to try something different in his professional and musical career. It looks like he'll be doing that with his wife--Nicole Croteau-Mohr, formerly of Press Play--and sister-in-law, in a folk-pop group called The Era.
7. It's no question the Winter Jam Tour is a popular Christian concert destination, and it's not uncommon for arenas to sell out, and that some people cannot get in. So it's About A Mile to the rescue. The band played an overflow concert the other night outside the arena, warming people's spirits with music and laughs. Not a bad consolation prize!
8. The Christian music world was gearing up for an exciting major-studio release of a documentary surrounding Hillsong United, but Warner Bros. has pulled the film from its April 1 slot. Production company Alcon Entertainment told Variety that it was unable to close the rights deal for the movie. No word as to whether the film will show up elsewhere independently at some point.
1. "That awkward moment when you have no clue what handshake the person in front of you is pulling, and you butcher it." - David Thulin
2. "Reflections are beautiful when beauty is reflected." - Beckah Shae
3. "I'll be the mailman, not the message." - Ben Calhoun of Citizen Way
Sign up for FREE programs and segments for your station through the NRT Radio
Syndication Network: http://www.nrtsyndication.com
Watch the video presentation from CMB Momentum 2014