Catch up on the goings-on in the Christian music world below!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Hillsong Young & Free is starting 2015 off with a bang! Or at least, with some bangin' new synth-pop worship! They've releasing a five-track EP, This is Living, that includes three brand-new songs, an acoustic version of their title track, and their latest smash hit, "Sinking Deep."
2. Everyone has their creature comforts that bring them relaxation, and Christian music remixer David Thulin is no exception. The producer and artist recently has shown fans his love of the game Minecraft, and the massive, self-designed skyscrapers and other buildings he's created over time in his mega-city. To some it seems like work (or even math!), but for David, it's a pressure release.
3. David's brother, Jonathan Thulin has a special new appreciation for Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films, as he is currently visiting New Zealand. And, even better, the "Architecture" singer showed fans on social media the one and only Hobbiton. No word if he had "second breakfast" or not.
4. Congratulations to Christian music's ultimate "G-Daddy," Michael W. Smith, who last week welcomed his eleventh--YES, ELEVENTH!--grandchild, Eden Adeline Grace Smith.
5. Jon Guerra--a solo artist as well as a member of Vertical Church Band--announced his second solo album on social media. Last week he said he was able to present his sophomore effort to his record label family, and is excited to share it with fans when Little Songs releases April 21st.
6. Lauren Daigle has a fan in one of Christian music's most loved voices. Mark Hall of Casting Crownsled worship from piano last week, and he covered "How Can It Be," a song he said was one of his favorites from 2014.
7. TobyMac, Mandisa and Capital Kings will hit the road together in early Spring, starting in Lafayette, Louisiana on March 5th, and concluding March 29th in Saginaw, Michigan. Find out if they'll be near you sometime during the month at tobyMac.com.
8. ESPN anchor Stuart Scott passed away last week, and among the thousands of tributes in social media land was one from Chris August, who called Stuart one of his favorites. He said he always wanted to meet him ever since he was younger, and he finally was able to after singing the national anthem at a Monday Night Football game he was at. They were able to hang out and have a conversation after the game, and Chris said the anchor was funny and genuine, and said he had been praying for him and his family ever since he learned of Stuart's cancer. Now he's praying for God to comfort the family.
"God's word REVIVES our soul. I need that in my life!" - Jeremy Camp
"God, give people peace, give leaders wisdom, give people courage to stand, speak, and act." - Lecrae
"We are able to see God's power and character through the beauty around us. Nature points us directly to the Father. We are able to see just how He cares for the lily and know that care is given to us in even greater amounts. We are able to see the grandeur of a mountain range and know the glory of our King. We are able to see the still, white snow fall and know a glimpse of His peace. We are able to see the sun pierce through the clouds in transformative sunset and able to know His power breaking through the darkness." - Lauren Daigle