A fresh round up of Christian music news, coming at you!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. You might not normally connect early 20th Century England with today's best Christian music, but somebody at PBS did! The Afters' song "Moments Like This" is being used in promos for the hit PBS Masterpiece show Downton Abbey, and the band's pretty excited about it.
2. We haven't heard much from the newly reformed Plus One since they released their "My All" single in April, but that doesn't mean its members are idle. Nathan Walters his wife, Inna, have started a new "progressive pop" group called Song and the Moon, which appears to be aimed at the general market. They have a new song called "Say This Before," which is pretty catchy. Check it out at songandthemoon.com.
3. Audio Adrenaline has posted album art for its forthcoming new record--the second since its relaunch and the first of the post-Kevin Max era. The cover had three dots, three dashes and three dots, which is Morse code for S.O.S. The band also announced that S.O.S. would be coming this next Spring, and rumor has it, the record will have a decidedly more worship-oriented bent to it.
4. A day after Chris Tomlin covered John Denver, Plumb performed her rendition of Coldplay's "Sky Full Of Stars" on Sirius XM's The Message. It was a slowed down, stripped down version that featured keys, light acoustic guitar and a snare-propelled drum beat (provided by Hawk Nelson's Justin Benner).
5. Billboard is looking back at 2014, and according to the charting service, Casting Crowns' Thrive was the No. 1 Christian album of 2014, followed by the WOW Hits 2014 collection and Lecrae's Anomaly. Rounding out the Top 10 are albums by MercyMe, NEEDTOBREATHE, Hillsong UNITED, Newsboys, Skillet, Switchfoot and Mandisa.
6. What a special moment! At a recent concert at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Steven Curtis Chapman surprised the Haynes Family with an Adoption Aid grant through his charity, Show Hope, to help bring their child home! This Christmas, you can make more moments like this possible by visiting showhopegifts.org.
7. David Thulin is at the top of his game these days as a DJ and remixer in Christian music, but did you know he's an aspiring soundtrack and video game scorer? He recently posted a demo of some of his more cinematic works.
8. Natalie Grant has a couple of performers on her hands. She posted on Facebook a video her nanny captured of her daughters performing a mash-up of Mulan and Frozen songs in costume--well, swimsuits. Natalie said her girls have got the stuff, and that she'd treasure those 15 seconds forever.
1. "I don't want to waste any more time. Lord, I'm ready now. Thanks be to God that He gives me infinite chances, fights for me and wants me so much." - Tiffany Arbuckle-Lee (Plumb)
2. "Everyone likes to talk about our broken world, but we're all broken without God. We recognize the brokenness, but we don't stay there." - Emily Fertig (Shine Bright Baby)
3. "As broken and messed up as we are, the way that He feels about us when we reach out to Him, longing for Him, moves Him deeply." - Misty Edwards