Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. How does Jonny Diaz like to unwind after a long weekend of playing music? He says by chasing a little white ball around a field. We're thinking he means golf, but how are we to know?
2. When she got home from ministering at the Dare to Be conference, Natalie Grant admitted that she and her bestie raided the kids' snack drawer while they were sleeping and added some hummus and carrots into the mix to make themselves feel better. Transparency is a good thing!
3. It's not unusual for Christian artists to be fitness minded, and to participate in a 5K run. What might be a tad more unusual is the fact that Laura Story is making it a habit with her family in tow, pushing strollers along race routes. Way to go!
4. Mike Donehey of Tenth Avenue North had a powerful time of worship and words with hundreds of students at an after-show gathering in South Dakota this weekend, and they had a special time that Mike said revealed the sweet presence and light of Jesus in a profound way.
5. Singer B. Reith has been making some looping cover songs as of late, and his most recent YouTube contribution is a modern take on the classic song "My Girl." Click here to see the video.
6. Carmen Hadley of 1 Girl Nation expressed her excitement at being on set for a new music video for fast-rising rapper NF. Carmen's husband, Matt, is part of the creative team behind the shoot, so she got to be a fly on a wall.
7. Christian artists try hard not to waste time while on the road... or in the air. Jeff Owen and Ruben Juarez of Tenth Avenue North used their tray tables for small keyboards and laptops to make some music.
8. Missing summer already? Start planning for next summer! Creation just announced dates for its Northeast festival. Mark your calendars for June 29-July 2 in Shirleysburg, Pennsylvania!
1. "Our joy is not a matter of good circumstance but a matter of good connection. Let the storms rage around us, we got Jesus in the boat!" - Rapper KB
2. "I would have stopped a long time ago if I didn't believe there was purpose and meaning in what I do! So get up and make a decision today to do what it takes." - Britt Nicole
3. "If opportunity doesn't knock, kick the door down." - Justin Cordle of We As Human
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.