Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Josh Wilson and Jason Gray were part of a collaboration this week that involved Jason's son, Kipper. Well, it wasn't a musical masterpiece; Wilson, a family friend, gave Kipper the keys to his old Dodge Durango, appropriately named "Truck."
2. It's studio improvement week this week for Switchfoot, who's gearing up to record their 10th studio album, the follow up to last year's Fading West. Improvements feature vibey decor, such as a large steampunk-metal sculpture of the Switchfoot "S" logo.
3. There's no room in the garage belonging to Sidewalk Prophets' Ben McDonald, because it's chock full of boxes with copies of their newest record, Something New, headed to preorder customers.
4. Congratulations to LeeMarie Hostetter of Children 18:3, who just got married. Her brothers (and bandmates) posted a picture of themselves all dressed up, with the caption "Way too early." Not sure if that means their sister is getting married to early or if the day started too early for the Hostetter boys.
5. Hawk Nelson was excited to learn that their song "Just Getting Started" was heard by hundreds of thousands of One Direction fans during that group's tour this summer. Listen to the song here.
6. And speaking of Hawk Nelson, that band will be tagging along on Tenth Avenue North's first tour since releasing the Cathedrals album. That as-of-yet-unnamed tour is already beginning to book dates for Spring 2016. We can't wait that long!
7. Today, the new movie War Room--from the people who brought us Courageous and Fireproof--releases, and features a soundtrack full of Christian artists. Newcomers I AM THEY say they're blown away and honored to have their song "Amen" be included. Hear the song here.
8. Happy anniversary to Bernie Herms and Natalie Grant. The couple celebrated 16 years together this week!
1. "Enjoy your life, be proud and confident in yourself, but strive to view everything you have through the lens that Jesus accomplished it all. He did everything we could not do." - Joey West of Disciple
3. "We all have people we aspire to be, whether we're conscious of it or not. Like arrows, we cannot point no where. We talk towards our ideals, but we live towards our aspirations. Knowing your target helps." - Jon Guerra
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.