Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Sometimes Christian music fans can be found in surprising places. Last week pop megastar Justin Bieber posted a screenshot of his iPhone on instagram, displaying Hillsong Young & Free's "This Is Living" playing. Bieber said "if you are discouraged, listen to this song and it will bring you supernatural peace."
2. We As Human ran into some trouble at the start of festival season when a significant amount of cash was stolen from their hotel room following their performance at Alive Festival. Guitarists Justin Forshaw and Jake Jones immediately stepped up to offer online guitar lesson hangouts for fans who donated to recoup the losses, and within just over a day fans had covered what was stolen. That's fan power at work!
3. Gospel mainstay Jason Crabb released the details of his next release to fans on social media last week. A facebook and instagram video revealed that the album will be called Whatever the Road and is releasing this fall.
4. Fronted by a duo of brothers, for KING & COUNTRY has always been a family business. It looks like the trend is going to continue, with Luke Smallbone sharing a video of a jam session with his two young sons on facebook. Both boys already seem to like drums just as much as their dad.
5. Flyleaf's lead vocalist Kristen May had an exciting announcement for fans over the weekend. She shared on instagram "our 'little'family of two humans and two dogs will be adding another human in December!" The announcement was accompanied by a sweet picture of Kristen and her husband with a sonogram snapshot of the baby.
6. JJ Heller is getting ready to release new music, and if you don't want to miss release day, you can now pre-order the project on iTunes. The 11 song album, which is titled Sound of a Living Heart, is just $8.99.
7. A lot of artists shared their Father's Day wishes on social media, but Moriah Peters' post was particularly poignant. She shared a picture of her father with a carrot cake she'd made him, sharing that he has recently been diagnosed with cancer and asking for listeners to pray for healing as her Father's Day gift to him.
8. If you're planning on going to see the Rock and Worship Roadshow next year, you have a say in which bands you'll get to see. The Roadshow is currently running a poll, asking fans for which rock artists they'd like to see out on the tour. More polls for other areas of the tour will be running later, but for now you can visit Rock and Worship Roadshow on facebook to cast your vote.
1. "I've found that God loves us more than we love ourselves. He has the best intentions for us, and we can trust Him with our lives." - Black Neesmith, Finding Favour
2. "You get to see that God is not only kind enough to get you through those times, He's kind enough to make sure you get something good out of them. So often the soil of our suffering is where He plants good things in our lives." - Matt Redman
3. "Our eyes open and our choices begin. Will we live half asleep? Or will we change our world; will we be Christ's hands and feet, the salt and the light of the world?" - Jon Foreman
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.