Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. We've heard tobyMac's son, Truett (better known as TruDog, and now just "Tru") appear on dad's records throughout the years, and now we get a bigger dose of him. Toby just released a new song, "Backseat Driver," from the This Is Not A Test album, and Tru holds his own alongside dad and powerhouse vocalist Hollyn. And no, we don't think he was promised a Happy Meal for the performance.
2. Congratulations to Drew Holcomb and Ellie Holcomb! The musical pair celebrates nine years of marriage this week!
3. Day 8 in the studio for Ryan Stevenson, and he shared a picture from recording sessions that had a lot of guitars--so many that his label, Gotee Records, commented on the Instagram photo, saying, "Did you go Southern rock or metal on us? That's a lot of guitars!"
4. for KING & COUNTRY is making a return performance at Nashville's historic Ryman Auditorium. The response was so huge from their first show there that they're coming back on July 12. Tickets are on sale now for the big show.
5. If something's not broken, don't fix it. The Love Ran Red Tour with Chris Tomlin and Rend Collective has been such a big hit that they're extending it into the fall. Hopefully we'll hear some of those new Rend songs they've been cooking up!
6. Jared Anderson and his wife, Megan, adopted from Haiti, and apparently CBN--the Christian Broadcasting Network, best known for the 700 Club--did a story on them. Check out their segment at CBN.com.
7. For his birthday yesterday, Audio Adrenaline's Adam Agee got matching shoes with his son, Jack. They were white Nikes with a black swoosh on them. Jack looked pretty please to be matching dad.
8. Sidewalk Prophets' Justin Nace celebrated his 33rd birthday yesterday, and instead of cake, his bandmates put candles on donuts for him and served it while they were trucking down the road to their next gig.
1. "God saw all the bad that would ever happen to you, and He sent one solution... His Son. He didn't just die for you, he busted open a tomb so that death could no longer have a grip on you." - Matt Maher
2. "The love of The Maker and Redeemer of our lost planet is enough; enough to transcend our broken hearts and heal our broken world." - Jon Foreman
3. "The world can find another artist, but my family only gets one of me." - Lecrae
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.