We've got the latest and the greatest for you today!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Gungor is working on some new music, and you know it's going to be good when they are picky about who will even sing on their background vocals. The band had none other than Bryce Avary, better known as The Rocket Summer frontman, lending his well known pipes to the new record. Bryce was quite excited about the opportunity as well as the new Gungor record.
2. With two weeks to go until her debut full-length album releases, Blanca's hand is likely getting pretty tired, with all the autographs she's been doing on albums for fans. She showed a photo of a string of 100 records she's signed.
3. Chris August has released a new lyric video for "Drop Your Stone," a single off his new record, The Maker. Lyric videos have become an art form of themselves, and artists are always trying to find new ways to share the words of songs. With letters flipping around, Chris assured fans he wasn't sharing hieroglyphics.
4. Rend Collective wants to give you a look into their daily lives. They're using a new live video platform called Periscope that broadcasts live feeds from people using a special app. Stay tuned to Rend's socials; they plan to do a little broadcasting each day.
5. Matt Hammitt, who has been in Sanctus Real for 19 years, said he had a highlight moment this weekend as he sang with Matt Maher, Amy Grant and the Dominican Sisters (a choir of nuns) during the Unite concert, which seeks to bring together Christians of various denominations.
6. Love & The Outcome was in DeRidder, Louisiana, and they took some random picture with a policeman named Brian. Not sure why the officer was there or why he ended up in a picture, but the band and their buses certainly were safe.
7. Mandisa was excited to see her background singer, Skye Reedy, on TV yesterday. She was backing up Brooks & Dunn for a performance for the American Country Music Awards. She loved the performance, but said she hopes the country duo doesn't come out of retirement and swipe her singer.
8. Chris Quilala of Jesus Culture had a very special guest join him on stage to close worship this weekend. Chris's daughter, Ella, stood beside her daddy and waved to everyone she knew, before folding her hands at her heart and giving a somber facial expression--all the while sporting a fashionable Princess Anna cape from Frozen.
1. "Religion only celebrates perfection, but God celebrates progress." - Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave
2. "Try because they say you can't. Fight because they say you'll fail. Do because they say you don't." - Moriah Peters
"When we are ungrateful nothing seems that good and when we are grateful things don't seem that bad. Choose joy." - Chris Llewellyn of Rend Collective