For a successful artist like Francesca Battistelli, the list is a mile long of songs that have impacted listeners over the course of her career. To celebrate ten years of her artistry, Francesca's latest release Greatest Hits: The First Ten Years chronicles her best work, including six No. 1 radio hits, three Top 5's and three Top 10's alongside two brand new studio recordings.
Obviously not every song can make it to the top, so what about those not included in the greatest hits? In Francesca's case, several of her lesser-known cuts prove just as strong as her number ones. In honor of her new release and celebrating ten years in ministry, let's tak a look at 7 of our favorite hidden gems from Francesca's discography.
1. "My Paper Heart" from My Paper Heart
Favorite Lyric: "I had been so terrified to trust / So many times I'd been reduced to dust / But You keep showing me You're the safest place to be / My paper heart is Yours now / I have landed in Your hands"
2. "You Never Are" from Hundred More Years Favorite Lyric: "Grace is underestimated / All you ever really have to do is take it / God is bigger than the times we fail"
3. "Hundred More Years" from Hundred More Years Favorite Lyric: "All this life still yet to live and they can hardly wait / They can laugh, they can cry / The future looks so beautiful and bright / They can dance under the moonlight / 'Cause God is smilin' down on them tonight"
4. "Choose To Love" from If We're Honest Favorite Lyric: "It's a beautiful thing to know and be known / There's a whole lot of life outside of my comfort zone / So I'm gonna choose to reach out / Choose to lay down all of the fear that I've been hiding / Choose to be brave though my heart's afraid to be a part of Your Kingdom rising"
5. "Run To Jesus" from If We're Honest Favorite Lyric: "Do you know that your story starts and ends with mercy / and it's waiting in His arms / 'Cause He knows what you're feeling / So don't you stop believing / He's got you right where you belong"
6. "Worth It" from Hundred More Years
Favorite Lyric: "Love takes sacrifice / Love cuts like a knife / Sometimes love will make you cry / Love not's easy / But it's worth it"
7. "Don't Miss It" from Hundred More Years Favorite Lyric: "Don't try so hard to move past the moment / These days go by / They're gone before you know it / Come on, open your window / Let the light shine in / This is life, don't miss it"
Caitlin Lassiter is a North Carolina girl that loves Jesus, music, concerts, writing, C.S. Lewis, and sweet tea... She's also a worship leader dreaming of traveling the world to share God's love.
NEW! THE BEST OF 2017 WHAT WE LOVE About 2017: Worship Albums Our staff debates which nominees will/should win!
NEW! WAYBACK COLUMN
Three of the Best 20-Year-Old Compilations Do you remember these awesome anthologies? ...
NEW! BEHIND THE SONG DEVOTIONALS
Kutless & Brooke Robertson 'Shepherd of My Soul' and 'Have My Heart'